Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have to say it is very interesting to have a blog and not know who is reading it. I have zero comments on my blog and two followers, so I really have no idea who reads my posts! For those people who know me aside from my photography, it is a huge leap for me to get much out there. I am a pretty private person. I am going to share a little more than I am used to, but it is important to give thanks.

One year ago I would have laughed at anyone who told me that I would be taking pictures. It was a hobby that was supposed to save me money. I just can't say no to pictures of my children.

I took a chance on a workshop that inspired me. Thank you to my family and friends who have supported my dream. I have a friend who gave me a buddy pass to fly to the workshop. I have a friend who let me experiment on her child, before and after the workshop. I have numerous friends who have encouraged me, and continue to do so. My clients have all been referrals as I have done no advertising. I have parents who have always encouraged me and who might be my biggest fans. I have a loving husband who has tolerated all my hours of editing and watched both kids during my shoots. That is a lot of love, people! I also have an amazing God who has given me this ability. I said a quiet prayer once about what gifts I wasn't using. Did you know he hears those prayers, too?

My work will be slowing down. I am not taking new appointments for the rest of the year. I have a few stragglers that I will be doing, but my volume is slowing down. It is the holidays and my time with my family cannot be replaced. Of course, I cannot do a post without pictures. Here are two pictures of my children. I tried to get one of them together, but my children are my most difficult clients. I love them dearly but at this age I shouldn't even try!


No comments:

Post a Comment