Sunday, April 17, 2011

Permission to be human



It seems like so many people I talk to lately are overwhelmed. Between work, kids and life that it is hard to stay positive.

As a mom, I struggle with that so much. I work full-time, I have two kids, I am a wife and I take pictures, too. I find it is easy to beat myself up about not being all things to all people. I don't want to let anyone down. I am sure you can relate!

I often try to remind myself that is is okay to fail sometimes. It is okay to miss one event, or not work late all the time like the inner workaholic in me wants to. An insane work ethic is sometimes hard to break.

I feel like the greatest responsibility I was given was to be the mother to my two children. I can help shape their habits and their little hearts.

So to my other friends out there who struggle with the same mixed feelings-you have permission to be human. We are all doing the best we can with what we have been given and sometimes that just has to be enough.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment: