Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cultivating Confidence-Allison S's story





Growing up, I was always someone that compared myself to others. I would look at other girls and think, she’s prettier, more athletic, more outgoing and the list could go on. I could always find a reason why I wasn’t good enough. I was also a big people pleaser. I found my self-worth in what others thought of me and therefore did everything I could to make others like me.

I am much more confident in who I am now. I realized that my problem was that I was putting my self-worth in people and not in God. I will never be able to please everyone, but God made me and loves me just the way I am. I will never have to do anything to try to earn his love. Knowing this gives me a deep inner peace about who I am.

As I get older, I realize that most women struggle with the same or similar issues. I wish that I had learned sooner that every girl that I compared myself to has insecurities or things she doesn’t like about herself. I know now that finding my worth in anything but God will always end in disappointment. I am happy about who I am in God regardless of what others think. I have learned that everyone doesn’t have to like me, but true friends will like me faults and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment