Monday, June 27, 2011

Don't be afraid to recompose

I often tell people just getting into photography that sometimes you have to take a picture from many different angles to get the right effect. The angle doesn't even have to be that dramatic to have a different feel. I am going to demonstrate with two different sets of photos. The first is my daughter riding a 4-wheeler with a friend. In the first picture, I had sun on his face. I recomposed to get this even cuter picture.





I took the second set of photos in Old Town San Diego. The first picture is okay. I just shot down on the arrangement. I think the second picture looks more dramatic at that angle. It is pretty simple stuff, but just don't get locked into one angle of a photo. You may find your favorite one is the not the original set up you had in mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment